About our Lotion
Our lotion: Dolce Mia offers a thick and creamy shea butter body lotion that is infused with organic botanical extracts, vitamin E, almond and sunflower oil and Dolce Mia’s signature fragrance blends, made with natural oils. Our lotion absorbs quickly to quench, soothe and repair parched skin. See lotions.
About Shea Butter: Shea butter moisturizes the skin, penetrating deeply to deliver valuable nutrients. The moisturizers in shea butter are the same as those produced by the sebaceous glands of the skin. In fact, because its structure and function resembles that of the lipid content of skin, shea butter is considered to be a Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF). As an NMF, it helps keep the intercellular structure of the epidermis intact, and effectively keeps bacteria out. Shea butter facilitates the skin’s healing process, prevents dermal irritation and regenerates the skin. It is particularly useful for those looking to improve the appearance of dry skin, or those having to combat cold winter weather. It also works as an anti-inflammatory, helping to soothe itchy, irritated or sunburnt skin. Best of all, it naturally absorbs UVB rays to protect the skin from the sun, and has antioxidant properties as potent as those of green tea and olive oil.
About Our Organic Botanicals: Our lotion contains the following organic botanical extracts, which benefit the skin in a multitude of ways:
· Sweet Almond Oil – Softens and protects skin, helping to balance water loss and support the absorption of moisture.
· Chamomile Extract – Soothes skin.
· Red Clover – Valued for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, calming, cleansing and demulcent properties.
· Marsh Mallow Root – Helps with chapped skin, may be an anti-inflammatory.
· Oat Kernel Extract – Provides anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-itch benefits.
· Sunflower Seed Oil – A natural antioxidant that provides excellent emolliency.
· Calendula Officinalis Flower – The common Marigold. The flavonoids and saponins contained in extracts of the plant have been shown to not only promote skin healing and repair, but also significantly reduce inflammations. Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, soothing & healing. Stimulates cellular regeneration.
· White Tea Extract – Flavonoids contained in Red, White & Green Tea present veinotonic properties. They reduce capillary permeability and increase blood capillary resistance, consequently improving tissue irrigation & skin condition.
· Lavender – Lavendar essential oil is adatogenic in nature, meaning that it normalizes both dry and oily conditions of the skin. Anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and skin regenerative, it is also great for sensitive or mature skin.
· Comfrey - Traditionally used to heal damaged skin, ulcers and chapped skin. The healing power of Comfrey is mainly due to one of its active ingredients – allantoin – a powerful cell proliferator.
· Vitamin E – Derived from wheat germ and/or vegetable oils. It heals, rejuvenates, softens, soothes and protects the skin.
No Unnecessary Additives: Our lotions contain only the additives necessary to preserve the integrity of the formulation, without which lotions can easily turn rancid or gain microbiotic contamination. We do not add parabens, a common preservative that is in question in the US for it’s health effects. Our lotion is 100% vegan and not animal-tested.
Our lotion is formulated WITHOUT:
- Synthetic Dyes